"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson
Sept. 23, 1800

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Report


It looks as though early and often voting has had the desired effect. Polls in Brunswick County have been very calm today. The turnout at my precinct on Oak Island has been steady, but never was there a line. As of 4 pm about 350 people had cast ballots in Oak Island 3 today.

There might be an after work rush, but since there was no before work or lunch time rush, I'd be surprised. With more than half of Brunswick County's registered voters casting ballots before Election Day, there aren't very many folks left to vote.

Let's hope the count goes as smooth as the voting has. I'll update results as I find them, but you can track Brunswick County results here. Choose the "Reports" tab for a precinct-by-precinct breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment